VANGUARD - Expressing the viewpoint of the Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist) For National Independence and Socialism • www.cpaml.org
ICOR: Forward to worldwide rebellion against racism and anticommunism of imperialism!
The International Coordiination of Revolutionary Parties and Organisations (ICOR) has released the following resolution on the world-wide Black Lives Matter movement.
Since the murder of the African American George Floyd on 25 May in the city of Minneapolis, mass unrest is spreading and escalating in the USA. In the entire country, mostly young people are rising against police violence and racism and demanding justice. In the meantime, this movement has become an international one with millions of participants. The responsible police officers must all be indicted and convicted! In the entire world the murder of George Floyd has become a symbol of racist oppression and people rally in the streets against it, and against the rightward development of imperialist governments – young and old, people of different skin color together.
Racism has a long history in the USA. The often embittered struggles against it cost the lives of countless people. Racism has always been used as a method of division to counter the development of working-class solidarity. For years the resistance of African Americans has included the struggle against police violence. But there is more at issue with the current mass unrest. In the USA the world economic and financial crisis has led to a rapid increase of unemployment to currently 40 million, to poverty and misery, especially among the especially exploited and oppressed minorities. Many people can no longer pay their rent and are even losing their health insurance in the midst of the pandemic. The corona-crisis has already cost the lives of more than 100,000 people. The inter-penetration of the world economic and financial crisis, the corona-crisis, the environmental crisis and the economic relapse of US imperialism has developed an enormous impact and depth. This combines with an open political crisis and an intensification of societal polarization.
The Black population and the population originating from Latin America is especially affected by this development. A large part of the workers in the USA who are especially exploited and oppressed are Black! It is especially young people and women who see their futures threatened and are rising up against the effects of this imperialist social system! The demonstrations are encountered with brutal police violence. People are drawing their conclusions. Outrage, bitterness and anger are unleashed – but especially the determination to never again accept racism as a normality and the wish for societal alternatives.
The ruling class is developing a propaganda campaign of intimidation and division. In an openly anti-communist manner, Trump brazenly claims that the demonstrators are “radical left, anarchists and anti-fascists” and declares them to be “terrorists”. With the mobilization of the National Guard by different US governors at Trump's behest and his demand for the deployment of the US military to suppress the protests, openly fascist methods are practiced. Trump shows that he's ready for anything. In the USA and worldwide people reject police brutality and growing repression and because of that question more and more the societal relations. The daily mass protests all over the country have among other things achieved that Trump has withdrawn the National Guard from Washington. Everywhere also police officers are deliberately siding with protesters.
Like in a burning glass, the entire crisis-proneness of capitalism and the continuing destabilization of the imperialist world system is expressed. This is a challenge for the workers and masses in the USA. They deserve the unshakable solidarity of the revolutionaries and masses of the entire world! The turmoil in the USA, in connection with the struggles being led worldwide, has the potential for a revolutionary movement for societal change. The strengthening of the revolutionary forces is of great importance! The ICOR will do everything to anchor genuine socialism as an alternative to the rotten imperialist system.
Organize solidarity with the struggling masses!
Long live international solidarity!
Workers of all countries, unite!
Workers of all countries and oppressed peoples, unite!
Signatories (as of 9 June 2020, further signatories possible):
1. ORC Organisation Révolutionnaire du Congo (Revolutionary Organization of Congo), Democratic Republic of the Congo
2. UPC-Manidem Union des Populations du Cameroun - Manifeste National pour l’Instauration de la Démocratie (Union of Populations of Cameroon - National Manifesto for the Establishment of Democracy), Cameroon
3. CPK Communist Party of Kenya, Kenya
4. MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
5. CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
6. PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
7. CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
8. PCC CPI (ML) Provisional Central Committee Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist)
9. Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran)
10. БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
11. PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina), Bosnia and Herzegovina
12. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
13. UCLyon Unité Communiste Lyon (Communist United Lyon), France
14. UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
15. BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
16. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
17. MIKSZ Magyar Ifjúság Közösségi Szervezete (Organisation of Hungarian Youth Community), Hungary
18. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
19. MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
20. MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
21. KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
22. БРП(к) Българска Работническа Партия (комунисти) (Bulgarian Workers Party (Communist))
23. PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
24. NPCH (ML) Nouveau Parti Communiste Haϊtien (Marxiste-Léniniste) (New Communist Party of Haiti (Marxist-Leninist))
25. PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
26. PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
27. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
28. PCR-U Partido Comunista Revolucionario del Uruguay (Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay)
29. CPA (M-L) Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)