ICOR - Stop the war preparations in Southern Kurdistan! The Kurdish people are not alone!
Written by: ICOR on 28 December 2020
For months the South Kurdish ruling party PDK (the party of Barzani) has been preparing for a war against the PKK under hypocritical pretexts.
It is obvious that with its military provocations and propaganda, the PDK, in close cooperation with the Turkish secret service MIT, wants to prepare the way for a war of invasion of the fascist Turkish state against the Kurdish freedom movement.
The stationing of military forces serves the purpose of encircling the Kurdish freedom movement from different directions and cutting its connections to the outside world. To this end, the PDK stationed military units at the "Gate to Qendîl" in the Zînê Wertê region, whereupon the Turkish air force bombed guerrilla positions in the region. Special units of the PDK surrounded the Gare guerrilla area in the Medya Defense Zones with heavy weapons, further attacks by the Turkish army followed on the strategic border region of Heftanîn and the entire region of Bradost, Xinêre, Goşine and Helgurt. The numerous attacks by the Turkish Air Force prove that the PDK is directly transmitting information to Turkey.
Since October, the Iraqi government and the PDK have also been trying with little success to gain complete control over the self-governing Yezidi region of Sinjar and dissolve the self-defense forces.
All this shows the scope of the entire war preparations, which are being carried out in a coalition and with the approval of various counterrevolutionary powers. The Turkish state mobilizes everything in its power to destroy the PKK, stifle the Kurdish people's will for freedom and attack the achievements of the Kurdish people, especially of the women. But the imperialist USA also supports any plan to weaken the Kurdish freedom movement. As early as November 6, 2018, the US renewed its hostility to the PKK with the call for arrest of leading PKK cadres. The states in the region also support the attacks on the PKK, as it is one of the most important anti-imperialist dynamics in the region and thus, a threat to the capitalist and imperialist rulers.
The coming attacks against the PKK in Southern Kurdistan therefore represent a great danger for the freedom struggle in the region.
The PDK, which stands in the way of the Kurdish people's unification efforts and disregarded any calls for calm, risks a new inner-Kurdish civil war that will spread all over Kurdistan through its treacherous cooperation with the fascist Turkish state. The PDK betrays the just demands of the Kurdish people for freedom and self-determination.
It is necessary to thwart these plans and organize international solidarity with the Kurdish people.
We call on the PDK to immediately stop its war preparations and cooperation with the fascist Turkish state!
We call on all freedom-loving people in the world to take to the streets against any attacks on the Kurdish people and their freedom fighters in all parts of Kurdistan!
Down with imperialism and colonialism!
Long live international solidarity and the struggle for democracy and freedom!
Signatories (as of 20 December 2020, further signatories possible):
1. PCPCI Parti Communiste Proletarien de Côte d'Ivoire (Proletarian Communist Party of Ivory Coast)
2. MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
3. CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
4. PCT Parti Comuniste du Togo (Communist Party of Togo)
5. PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
6. MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
7. CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
8. CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
9. NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
10. PPRF Patriotic Peoples Republican Front of Nepal
11. NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
12. CPA/ML Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)
13. БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
14. БРП(к) Българска Работническа Партия (комунисти) (Bulgarian Workers Party (Communist))
15. PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina)
16. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
17. UCLyon Unité Communiste Lyon (Communist United Lyon), France
18. UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
19. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
20. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
21. UMLP União Marxista-Leninista Portuguesa (Portuguese Marxist-Leninist Union)
22. MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
23. KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
24. PR Partija Rada (Party of Labor), Yugoslavia (ex)
25. PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
26. NPCH (ML) Nouveau Parti Communiste Haϊtien (Marxiste-Léniniste) (New Communist Party of Haiti (Marxist-Leninist))
27. PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
28. BDP Bloque Democratico Popular (Popular Democratic Bloc), Peru
29. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
Print Version - new window Email article