ICOR resolution: We condemn the anti-communist resolution of the European Parliament
We Communists of ICOR and friends of ICOR condemn the adoption of the European Parliament Resolution of 19 September 2019.
This hypocritically named resolution “on the importance of European remembrance for the future of Europe” claims to pay tribute to the "victims of totalitarian regimes" but is, in fact, an insult both to their memory and to the international revolutionary movement and the honorable history of socialist construction. This resolution is taken by some of the most criminal imperialist powers, whose power was built on millions of corpses.
It serves three purposes:
- To attack the legacy of the socialist states and the people's democratic states and the Russian Revolution. It is built on lies, historical shortcuts or amalgamations. Its ambition is to present the socialist and internationalist Soviet Union under the leadership of Josef Stalin as a mirror of the Third Reich, as its equivalent, its ally. This work is intended to undermine sympathy for communism and smear the role of the Soviet Red Army and people in finally defeating fascism.
- It serves, covertly, to rehabilitate the Third Reich's genocidal anti-communist, racist and anti-Semitic crusade against the Soviet Union. It also contributes to sullying the memory of the victims of that regime as well as that of those who fought against it with guns in their hands.
- It is a provocation. Although today's Russia no longer has anything in common with the USSR, it nevertheless derives great historical glory from its anti-fascist resistance. Moreover, for the masses in Russia, this page of history remains a symbol.
While until recently no serious historian would have dared to position himself or herself in such a way, there is now a rapidly strengthening ultra-reactionary, proto-fascist direction among historians based on openly aggressive anti-communism. The resolution is based on this fundamentally.
In this sense the states that, through this resolution, present themselves as the vanguard of freedom and democracy have not been reluctant to support the most reactionary regimes and forces within and outside of Europe. The EU contains a large number of them! Hungary and Poland are led by fierce reactionaries. Even states led by liberals are accommodating the most dubious figures in history. In France, for the centenary of the armistice of 1918, the figure of Marshal Pétain, the collaborator of Hitler fascism, was celebrated.
The EU is hardening its stance against communist organizations and their history, because, yesterday as today, a spectre haunts Europe: the spectre of communism. Reactionary, liberal, anti-grassroots policies generate struggles. These struggles advance the consciousness of the popular masses and tirelessly direct them towards workers' and revolutionary organizations.
The EU can ban our symbols, censor the word "communism", defile our history, this will not save it! The strength of revolutionary organizations is drawn from the class struggle. It is confirmed daily by the all-sided intensification of the contradictions in the imperialist world system. And the capitalists can neither abolish these contradictions nor the communists! In order to deflect the anger of the masses, they try to draw it towards the reactionary populist movements, but this maneuver only works for a while. Whatever the conditions, whatever their pressure against the proletarian struggle organizations, the capitalists at best slow down their fall.
We communists oppose these maneuvers to intoxicate the masses, these maneuvers of censorship! We also oppose these provocations directed against the Russian people and the peoples of the former USSR. We will not accept ideological confusion, any military escalation or war to serve the interests of the capitalists.
Workers of all countries, unite!
Workers of all countries and oppressed peoples, unite!
Signatories (as of 3 March 2020, further signatories possible):
1. ORC Organisation Révolutionnaire du Congo (Revolutionary Organization of Congo), Democratic Republic of the Congo
2. CPK Communist Party of Kenya, Kenya
3. MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
4. CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
5. PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
6. MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
7. CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
8. CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
9. Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran)
10. NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
11. PPRF Patriotic Peoples Republican Front of Nepal
12. БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
13. PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina), Bosnia and Herzegovina
14. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
15. UCLyon Unité Communiste Lyon (Communist United Lyon), France
16. UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
17. BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
18. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
19. MIKSZ Magyar Ifjúság Közösségi Szervezete (Organisation of Hungarian Youth Community), Hungary
20. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
21. VZDOR VZDOR - strana práce (Resistance - labour party), Slovakia
22. MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
23. KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
24. RMP Российская маоистская партия (Rossijskaya maoistskaya partiya) (Russian Maoist Party)
25. PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
26. PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
27. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
28. PS-GdT Plataforma Socialista - Golpe de Timón (Socialist Platform – Change of Course), Venezuela
29. PCR-U Partido Comunista Revolucionario del Uruguay (Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay)