Written by: ICOR on 29 April 2022
Active resistance against any imperialist war and the danger of World War!
May Day 2022, as international day of struggle of the working class, is overshadowed by a barbaric invasion of Ukraine by Russian imperialism and a massively intensified general interimperialist danger of war and world war. Imperialist countries or blocs of Russia or the USA, as the main warmonger in the world and in alliance with NATO, directly confront each other in different ways on Ukrainian territory – creating the potential for a Third World War.
May 8/9 stand for the victory of the Allies, above all the Red Army of the socialist Soviet Union over Hitler's fascism in 1945. The masses in Russia and Eastern Europe celebrate this day until today and the ICOR has elevated it to an anti-war day of struggle.
The international working class, especially the international industrial proletariat is challenged to form the decisive backbone in the struggle of the masses, the workers, women, youth, environmentalists, and antifascists against imperialism and today especially against the imminent danger of a nuclear-led III World War.
The interaction between the persisting world economic and financial crisis, the corona pandemic, the arms race now being stepped up worldwide, and the accelerated transition to a global environmental catastrophe has affected the lives of the world’s masses to the point of questioning their foundations of life. Inflation is rising rapidly, making life unaffordable for increasingly growing masses of people. An estimated 17 million people have died from COVID-19. Many of them could still be alive if they had received a vaccination. However, the imperialist countries and monopolies continue to greedily guard their profitable patents at the cost of the lives of millions of people. 160 million persons have additionally been thrust into poverty. In more than 100 countries, hard-won social benefits and health services have been reduced or even entirely revoked during the crisis. Millions of jobs have been destroyed or earmarked for elimination.
The masses are fighting back in demonstrations, resistance actions, strikes, and movements similar to uprisings. In hunger revolts and struggles against inflation and the energy companies’ policy of monopoly prices they defend their existential interests.
ICOR has clearly positioned itself. Now it is necessary to follow words with deeds: May Day is above all the day on which we take stock of the strengthening of ICOR and all our member organizations in order to make the call unmistakable worldwide: forward to socialism and communism! Only with the seizure of power of the proletariat the way is opened that imperialist wars, exploitation and oppression of the workers and the broad masses, environmental destruction, and lack of prospects for the youth belong to the past.
No to Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine!
No to every imperialist policy – Step up the anti-imperialist struggle against the threat of World War – Strengthen the anti-imperialist and antifascist united front!
Fight the shifting of the burdens of war and crises on the backs of the workers and the toiling masses!
For the right of self-determination of nations!
Long live the friendship between the Ukrainian and Russian peoples!
Worldwide struggle for democracy, peace, freedom, and socialism!
Signatories (as of 27 April 2022, further signatories possible):
1. PCPCI Parti Communiste Proletarien de Côte d'Ivoire (Proletarian Communist Party of Ivory Coast)
2. UPC-Manidem Union des Populations du Cameroun - Manifeste National pour l’Instauration de la Démocratie (Union of Populations of Cameroon - National Manifesto for the Establishment of Democracy)
3. MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
4. CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
5. PCT Parti Comuniste du Togo (Communist Party of Togo)
6. PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
7. CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
8. CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
9. NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
10. PPRF Patriotic Peoples Republican Front of Nepal
11. CPA/ML Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)
12. БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
13. PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina)
14. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
15. UC Unité Communiste (Communist United ), France
16. UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
17. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
18. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
19. UMLP União Marxista-Leninista Portuguesa (Portuguese Marxist-Leninist Union)
20. RMP Российская маоистская партия (Rossijskaya maoistskaya partiya) (Russian Maoist Party)
21. MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
22. MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
23. KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
24. UoC Union of Cypriots, Cyprus
25. PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia – Maoist)
26. OAPCM Organización Apoyante del Partido Comunista de México (Supporting Organization of the Communist Party of Mexico)
27. PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
28. PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
29. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
30. PCR-U Partido Comunista Revolucionario del Uruguay (Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay)
|Russian Maoists: “Feminism is not toxic!”
|Martin O'Malley: Australian Communist Party condolence message
|Oppose the Taliban’s war on women!
|Federal election and the khaki component
|Locals stand up to developers at Toondah Harbour
|Martin O’Malley – Comrade and Friend
|Vale - Stephen Darley
|Up in the air over copter sales
|Latest figures on foreign ownership of Australian agriculture
|Morrison Government’s dying days defence acquisition
|Stagnant Wages - Big Business taking Billions
|Neglect – Where Current Funding leaves Aged Care
|$23.70 an hour, One Aged Care Worker's Bitter Resignation
|For First Peoples, justice will only be won through socialism
|NSW Teachers Fight for More Than Thanks
|Chinese billionaire has big plans to change the Kimberley landscape
|Book Review: Class in Australia
|22 April 1870 – The Day Lenin Was Born. What Is Lenin’s Significance For Workers In 2022?