ICOR Declaration to celebrate a new May Day
Written by: ICOR on 29 April 2020
On this May Day the international working class and its allies must wage the struggle to tackle the effects of the dual crisis of the imperialist-capitalist system – the Coronavirus pandemic and the severe economic and financial crisis. New diseases seriously affect the world population with growing frequency. The imperialist system has created a world in which the climate and the environment change in a way that poses a genuine threat to human life.
This economic and financial crisis, which already affects the most important imperialist powers, has led to a strong decline in production in China as well as in the USA, Europe, Japan and also in most of the oppressed countries. Seen from a historical perspective, this world economic and financial crisis will have an unforeseeable depth, duration and consequences.
We reject the attempts of those in power to utilize the Coronavirus pandemic to cover up this economic crisis and place the burden on the backs of the broad masses!
These governments make billions of dollars available to the banks and corporations, money which is not being used, as it should be, for immediate improvement of the health systems, for the protection of the environment, and for the urgent social protection of the masses of people. In many cases those in power try at all cost and under entirely inadequate hygienic conditions to maintain industrial production and even increase exploitation under these circumstances.
The ICOR welcomes, promotes and supports strikes as in Italy, Spain, the USA, China and other countries, mobilization and other forms of protest of the workers and popular sectors!
Especially in the oppressed countries there is a large percentage of unemployed persons; there are thousands of workers who live on casual work, street vending, are self-employed or small traders, and who in this situation are left penniless, do not even have enough to feed themselves. And even if they do get state aid, it is generally inadequate.
For this reason, in several countries, such as Argentina or Uruguay, there is a great upswing of people's kitchens in the proletarian neighborhoods, an expression of solidarity, a first major step and a nucleus of the autonomous organization of the masses with a view to militantly confronting the effects of the present crisis. There are also solidarity networks in Colombia, Haiti, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, the Philippines and many more countries. In the imperialist countries too, tremendous solidarity and mutual willingness to help has developed among the masses.
The ruling classes in many countries take advantage of the health crisis and the necessity of social restriction in order to curtail democratic rights and freedoms by banning demonstrations and protest actions; in many cases this is extended into general curfews, for the enforcement of which not only the police but also the armed forces are mobilized. These are very dangerous measures and are directed against the struggle of the workers and broad masses! Those in power utilize these measures to advance domestic fascistization.
This reality also exacerbates the situation of women, who in addition to the effects of the crisis take on more domestic chores and greater responsibility for the care of children and older people, and themselves are victims of more cases of domestic patriarchal violence.
International tensions are increasing due to threats of war, blackmail and sanctions of the USA against countries like Iran, Cuba, China, Venezuela or Nicaragua.
This dual health and economic crisis will sooner or later open the way to the development of political crises, which already are very pronounced in many countries. This can pave the way for revolutionary ferment.
However, this system can be overcome only in a revolution through the struggle of the international proletariat and its allies! For that we need strong revolutionary organizations and a strong ICOR! A system whose purpose lies in maximum profits for the monopolies, not humanity, its needs, and respect for nature, cries for an upsurge of the struggle for socialism! The guiding principle of socialism is the overcoming of the exploitation of humanity and nature and the development of the productive forces in the unity of economics and health. Only the power of the working class will guarantee these principles!
The ICOR, which promotes the international coordination and cooperation of revolutionary parties and organizations with a revolutionary and socialist perspective, calls on this May Day for developing solidarity, organization and struggle with maximum energy, and proposes the building of a worldwide anti-imperialist and anti-fascist front and an immediate action program for this purpose:
• Creation of new jobs in the health sector on a large scale and increase of the salaries paid in this sector!
• Fight for a change in the health system that centers attention on people.
• Immediate intensification of protective measures for all employees in the health sector and in other sectors where work continues. Fight national egoism and rivalry in the research of causes, in diagnosis and in treatment! For a scientific debate understandable to the masses!
• No to the reactionary attempt to shift the burden of the crisis to the broad masses and the working class!
• No to the restriction of democratic freedoms and rights!
• Immediate stop of all currently socially non-essential production! Release from work for wage and salary earners in these sectors, with full wage compensation!
• Production the maintenance of which currently is indispensable must be carried out with the greatest possible guarantees for health, the disinfection of machines and tools, and observance of the minimum distance of 1.5 to 2 meters!
• Immediate state aid and emergency care for children, the elderly, and persons in need of help. Immediate aid for the homeless, refugees, undocumented migrants, and persons in precarious situations! Far-reaching measures for free health care, including food and medicine for all at the expense of the profits of big capital!
• Strengthen your level of organization for mutual aid and solidarity, in struggle against the shifting of the crisis burdens to the masses of the population!
For an end to all imperialist wars of aggression and blockades against the oppressed peoples of the world!
FOR AN INTERNATIONALIST MAY DAY AND STRUGGLE FOR A REVOLUTIONARY AND SOCIALIST PERSPECTIVE!
Long live the strengthening of the worldwide unity in the ICOR!
Long live the worldwide anti-imperialist and anti-fascist united front!
Long live health, democracy, peace, freedom, socialism!
1. ORC Organisation Révolutionnaire du Congo (Revolutionary Organization of Congo), Democratic Republic of the Congo
2. UPC-Manidem Union des Populations du Cameroun - Manifeste National pour l’Instauration de la Démocratie (Union of Populations of Cameroon - National Manifesto for the Establishment of Democracy), Cameroon
3. CPK Communist Party of Kenya, Kenya
4. MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
5. PCT Parti Comuniste du Togo (Communist Party of Togo), Togo
6. PCPCI Parti Communiste Proletarien de Côte d'Ivoire
7. MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
8. CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
9. CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
10. Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran)
11. NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
12. PPRF Patriotic Peoples Republican Front of Nepal
13. БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
14. PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina), Bosnia and Herzegovina
15. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
16. UCLyon Unité Communiste Lyon (Communist United Lyon), France
17. UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
18. BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
19. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
20. MIKSZ Magyar Ifjúság Közösségi Szervezete (Organisation of Hungarian Youth Community), Hungary
21. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
22. MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
23. TIKB Türkiye İhtilalci Komünistler Birliği (Union of Revolutionary Communists of Turkey)
24. MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
25. KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
26. MLP Marksistsko-Leninskaja Platforma (Marxist-Leninist Platform), Russia
27. PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
28. NPCH (ML) Nouveau Parti Communiste Haϊtien (Marxiste-Léniniste) (New Communist Party of Haiti (Marxist-Leninist))
29. PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
30. BDP Bloque Democratico Popular (Popular Democratic Bloc), Peru
31. PPP Partido Proletario del Perú (Proletarian Party of Peru)
32. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
33. PCR-U Partido Comunista Revolucionario del Uruguay (Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay)
34. CPA (M-L) Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)
Independence from Imperialism
People's Rights & Liberties
Community and Environment
|Statement by Marxist-Leninist Platform (Russia) on the world situation, the war in Ukraine, and the threat of nuclear war
|Pelosi's reckless visit to Taiwan also threatens Australia
|Declaration of the International Kurdistan Conference Initiative
|Hiroshima Never Again – Mobilise for peace against imperialist war!
|Peace in Ukraine! Russia Out! NATO Out!
|Message from the International Automotive Workers' Coordination on persecution of German Communists
|CPA (M-L) greets the anniversary of the Communist Party of the Philippines
|CPA (M-L) welcomes successful holding of ICOR 4th World Conference
|People's composer Mikis Theodorakis
|Support the strike demands of the Iranian oil and gas workers
|International Automotive Workers Coordination: Auto workers struggles across the world
|ICOR Resolution: Solidarity against the brutal anti-communist wave of repression in the Philippines 28 January 2021
|ICOR resolution: Long live the struggle of farmers, workers and toilers of India
|Vale Johnson Mlambo: A Lion of the African Liberation struggle has fallen.
|ICOR Resolution 17 December 2020: Vaccines belong to humanity – not to the pharmaceutical corporations!
|Greek people defy state repression to honour murdered student
|IN REPLY TO TYRANT DUTERTE: ON THE QUESTION OF IDEOLOGY AND POLITICAL POWER
|Ukrainian miners persist in major strike
|Greek fascist party convicted of criminality
|ICOR: Forward to worldwide rebellion against racism and anticommunism of imperialism!