ICOR Resolution: Solidarity against the brutal anti-communist wave of repression in the Philippines 28 January 2021
Written by: on
The CPA (M-L) is a signatory to the ICOR resolution of solidarity against the brutal anti-communist wave of repression in the Philippines.
One of the demands by the 34 signatories to this resolution is for “Removal of the organizations CPP and NPA (New Peoples Army) from the terror lists of the U.S., EU, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.”
In 2013, we made three unsuccessful submissions to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for the removal of Comrade Jose Maria Sison, the Communist Party of the Philippines, and the New People’s Army from the Australian terror list. We call on interested individuals and organisations to review these submissions and make their own.
For 52 years, the revolutionary movement in the Philippines, led by the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP), has been waging the justified struggle for national and social liberation.
The proto-fascist Duterte regime in the Philippines takes action against it with increasing terror, denouncing and defaming the liberation organizations and their representatives as "terrorist", assassinating leading representatives, killing and persecuting activists of the human rights, women's and youth movements, as well as trade unionists. With terrorist methods and an increasing fascistization of the state apparatus, the Duterte regime seeks to suppress the outbreak of a general societal crisis. However, in the Philippines too, the world economic and financial crisis is intensifying in interrelation with the corona crisis, and the masses' search for a genuine societal alternative is growing.
Defaming the liberation struggle as terrorist is anti-communist and criminalizes the liberation struggle, that has been being waged in the Philippines for five decades, and the armed resistance of the Filipino people.
Duterte came into office declaring a supposed war on drugs, which has led to over 30,000 illegal killings and tens of thousands more arrests under this misleading banner. The Duterte administration attempts to suppress the liberation movements with these counter-revolutionary methods and to silence them. Just before the end of 2020, in coordinated action, nine activists of the indigenous population were bloodily murdered in the city of Capiz and seven trade unionists were arrested. Soon after his taking over office, Duterte announced peace negotiations with the NDFP, but these were terminated in 2017, and instead they began to kill communists in massive numbers. Increased international solidarity against this aggressively anti-communist repression is urgently required.
• ICOR condemns the anticommunist denigration of the Philippine liberation struggle, the CPP and NDFP, as terrorist.
• It demands that the Philippine government ceases its violent repression of the liberation struggle in violation of international law!
• It calls for the international condemnation of the Duterte regime and
• Removal of the organizations CPP and NPA (New Peoples Army) from the terror lists of the U.S., EU, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
• Resumption of peace negotiations between the Philippine government and the NDFP.
• We call for worldwide solidarity with the struggle of the Filipino people for national and social liberation!
Signatories (as of 02 February 2021, further signatories possible):
1. PCPCI Parti Communiste Proletarien de Côte d'Ivoire (Proletarian Communist Party of Ivory Coast)
2. ORC Organisation Révolutionnaire du Congo (Revolutionary Organization of Congo), Democratic Republic of the Congo
3. UPC-Manidem Union des Populations du Cameroun - Manifeste National pour l’Instauration de la Démocratie (Union of Populations of Cameroon - National Manifesto for the Establishment of Democracy)
4. CPK Communist Party of Kenya
5. MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
6. CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
7. PCT Parti Comuniste du Togo (Communist Party of Togo)
8. PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
9. MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
10. CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
11. CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
12. Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran)
13. NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
14. PPRF Patriotic Peoples Republican Front of Nepal
15. NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
16. CPA/ML Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)
17. БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
18. PR-ByH Partija Rada - ByH (Party of Labor - Bosnia and Herzegovina)
19. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
20. UCLyon Unité Communiste Lyon (Communist United Lyon), France
21. UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
22. BP (NK-T) Bolşevik Parti (Kuzey Kürdistan-Türkiye) (Bolshevik Party (North Kurdistan-Turkey))
23. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
24. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
25. UMLP União Marxista-Leninista Portuguesa (Portuguese Marxist-Leninist Union)
26. RMP Российская маоистская партия (Rossijskaya maoistskaya partiya) (Russian Maoist Party)
27. MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
28. MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
29. KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
30. PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
31. PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
32. BDP Bloque Democratico Popular (Popular Democratic Bloc), Peru
33. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
34. PCR-U Partido Comunista Revolucionario del Uruguay (Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay)
35. PS-GdT Plataforma Socialista - Golpe de Timón (Socialist Platform – Change of Course), Venezuela
Print Version - new window Email article