ICOR Resolution: Solidarity with the struggle of the Peruvian people
Written by: ICOR on 10 February 2023
(Above: The sign on the left reads, "Dina assassin," Peru, Feb. 2, 2023. | Photo: Twitter/ @lanzasyletras)
We salute the great militant mobilizations that the peasants, indigenous peoples and workers have been leading since December, with the outstanding participation of the women and youth of Peru, which already cover most of the country and are shaking the continent.
The mass struggles are carried out by peasants struggling for their land; workers, also miners, fighting for democratic rights. Craftspeople, medical personnel, engineers and students also participate.
The struggles are developing against the background of the deep economic crisis into which the country has been driven by foreign capital coming, among others, from the USA, Russia, China and India.
The general strike and the dozens of roadblocks continue and grow every day in spite of the fierce repression of the government installed by Dina Boularte, which is enforcing with blood and fire the policy of the National Congress that practically did not allow the elected president, Pedro Castillo, to govern, and finally removed him from office and imprisoned him.
The Congress is under the majority control of the right wing, fascism and Fujimorism, racism, corruption and the defense of the interests of the big bourgeoisie and imperialism.
60 dead and more than 700 wounded in the streets and alleys, as well as the persistence of the mobilizations reflect a national political crisis and a profound social crisis in which the ordinary people and the workers of Peru are once again rising up against exploitation, hunger, surrender and discrimination.
The social and left organizations supporting the mobilizations, raised a minimum program, where they demand the immediate cessation of repression, the resignation of Dina Boularte, the dissolution of the reactionary Congress, a call for national elections in 2023, the convocation of a Constituent Assembly for a new constitution and the immediate release of the elected president Pedro Castillo. This program should be supported by all forces interested in freedom and democracy.
In order to prepare for a democratic popular uprising, the masses in Peru must cope with opportunist influences and should also not be impressed by reformist maneuvers of bourgeois leaders.
We call on the international working class and the oppressed peoples of the world and their trade unions, their social and political organizations to promote the greatest solidarity with the just and heroic struggle of the Peruvian people.
Support the building of strong revolutionary and Marxist-Leninist parties in Peru!
Against fascism and anticommunism – for freedom and genuine socialism!
Signatories (as of 7 February 2023, further signatories possible):
1. PCPCI Parti Communiste Proletarien de Côte d'Ivoire (Proletarian Communist Party of Ivory Coast)
2. UPC-Manidem Union des Populations du Cameroun - Manifeste National pour l’Instauration de la Démocratie (Union of Populations of Cameroon - National Manifesto for the Establishment of Democracy)
3. MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
4. CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
5. PCT Parti Comuniste du Togo (Communist Party of Togo)
6. PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
7. MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
8. SPB Socialist Party of Bangladesh
9. CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
10. NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
11. PPRF Patriotic Peoples Republican Front of Nepal
12. NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
13. CPA/ML Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)
14. БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
15. MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
16. UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
17. KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
18. RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
19. UMLP União Marxista-Leninista Portuguesa (Portuguese Marxist-Leninist Union)
20. RMP Российская маоистская партия (Rossijskaya maoistskaya partiya) (Russian Maoist Party)
21. MLGS Marxistisch-Leninistische Gruppe Schweiz (Marxist-Leninist Group of Switzerland)
22. TKP-ML Türkiye Komünist Partisi – Marksist-Leninist (Communist Party of Turkey – Marxist-Leninist)
23. MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
24. KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
25. UoC Union of Cypriots, Cyprus
26. PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia - Maoist)
27. BDP Bloque Democratico Popular (Popular Democratic Bloc), Peru
28. PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
Print Version - new window Email article